Monday, March 3, 2014

Capstone #2 and Planning

 Last week I shot the second shot for my absurd and surreal fashion series, I am shooting for Capstone.  Besides the trying to be more creative, another aspect of this project is to get myself to be more on top of planning the initial concept. Normally, when planning a shoot I tend to be a bit vague and leave more of the shoot up to the energy that is on set.  Now I do a lot more visual research and plan out my lighting diagrams before I even cast a model. I have also taken up drawing out a reference sketch so that I have a starting point.  It definitely makes the process run a lot smoother and I  believe it allows me to get better results from a session.

For this shoot I was influenced by ads for designer sunglasses. These are some examples I was really drawn to.






I've found it really helpful to sketch out an image to work from, even though 80 percent of the time it turns out completely different.



A sketch from the first steps of planning my smokey sunglass shoot.


I'm still in the process of editing my final image. 

Screen shot of my favorite image.

No comments:

Post a Comment